Join us in congratulating our lab head ,Prof. Marcelle Machluf, for being chosen as the “most influential woman in Israel for 2018” by the leading Israeli business magazine “Lady Globes”
ברצוננו לברך את ראש המעבדה שלנו, פרופסור מרסל מחלוף, על בחירתה כאישה המשפיעה ביותר ב-2018 על ידי מגזין העסקים מהמובילים בישראל ליידי גלובס
Vision, Mission and Research Interests
Our vision at The Lab for Cancer Drug Delivery & Cell Based Technologies is to harness biological and engineering knowledge and expertise to design novel medical solutions by means of drug and gene delivery, cell-based and cell-free therapies, as well as biomedical and tissue engineering. We believe that nature, in most cases, has already found ways and mechanisms to combat most diseases, albeit not always as effectively as we would hope. As biotechnology and biomedical engineers, we, therefore, envisage our role as identifying such mechanisms and implementing them in safe and effective technological solutions to better the human condition.
STEM CELL-DERIVED NANO-GHOSTS: A NEW APPROACH FOR FIGHTING CANCER
- Nano-Ghosts: A naturally targeted drug and gene delivery system.
- Drug delivery: Micro and nano drug delivery systems for cancer, HIV and diabetes therapy.
- Gene therapy: Delivery of nucleic acids to cells and tissues using non viral technologies.
- Regenerative medicine: Developing platforms for cardiovascular and bone tissue engineering.
- Cell encapsulation: Microencapsulation of living cells in a biocompatible and semi-permeable polymeric and natural materials for cancer and diabetes therapy.